Undoubtedly, global warming is the growing concern of the environmentalists. Actually, it is the increase of earth’s average surface temperature and is caused by the effect of the greenhouse gases which absorb heat.
A report of EPA( Environmental Protection Agency) showed that the temperature of the earth has increased by 0.8% in the past few years. It has been caused by the increasing rate of deforestation, industrialisation and pollution.
Our world witnessed the industrial revolution in the year 1700 and then it spread to the rest of the world. The introduction of the machinery and factories has given birth to mass production that caused various kinds of environmental hazards.
Industrialisation has caused the depletion of the environment, leaving it permanently damaged. An example of the depletion is the loss of forests. It not only uproots the wildlife, but also it affects the quality of the air. Due to lack of trees, the oxygen is generated in less amount. Moreover, the places of the forests are captured by the industries that emit greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane.
The Effects of Global Warming
- Apart from increasing the temperature, there are several other negative impacts of global warming. Among them, the rise of the sea level is a threatening impact. As the temperature increases, the glaciers are melting causing a massive sea level rise. It is one of the reasons of hurricanes, Tsunamis, tornados etc.
- The extreme weather change caused by global warming has given birth to forest fires, heat waves and several other tropical storms. It has also made the coral reefs suffer from the worst bleaching. Even, the reefs have witnessed the highest dying record in the last few years.
- Global warming increases smog pollution and causes pollen allergies and asthma. Studies have showed that the increasing level of carbon dioxide gives birth to weeds like ragweed that causes allergies and asthma. In recent years, the number of people suffering from asthma has increased and global warming can be made responsible for that.
- Warmer temperatures help to increase the amount of rainfall in some areas. Even, it can increase the frequency of rainstorms that can put many people at risk of floods. The warm environment can also increase the possibility of drought and can affect the agriculture.
- The increasing temperatures are also responsible for damaging the balance of the ecosystems. There are a good number of species that are becoming extinct as they are unable to adapt the conditions. A recent report showed that more than 1 million species would be eliminated by before 2050 if the current environmental conditions continue.
So, it can be concluded that global warming leaves a strong impact on our environment. As the temperature continues to increase, it is difficult to foretell what more negative impacts global warming will leave. It can be said that the situation is going to be worse, if necessary steps are not taken now. It is up to everyone to recognise the problems and take preventive measures.
Industrial emissions contribute a lot to this major problem of global warming, so installing ESP or Electrostatic Precipitator in Chemical, cement industries and power plants can reduce the amount of air pollution substantially and can be of much help in the long run. Save Our Earth! Let it breathe!